Sunday 3 October 2010

New old craftiness



Bon Ton
5, boulevard des Filles du Calvaire
75003 Paris

Here in Paris I love very much to spend my spare time browsing through some unique shops, looking for cute items with which to give a cozy touch to my sweet home. There's a huge quantity of this wonderful shops; among them I adore to hunt high and low in Bon Ton (photos above). The aspect I prefer in these places is their typical taste for old-fashioned things and for all cute things with a nostalgic flavour of yesteryear.
This my passion drove me to dedicate some rubber stamps and other stuffs to those items that are now a really cult being able to catch the love of both children and grown up ones.


Here for instance you can find my hand carved rubber stamp of the famous Ange Lapin of Trousellier, whose designers brings to childhood a sweet touch of cute poetry since more than 30 years ago. If you never stumble upon it, take a tour in their website... This rubber stamp is now available on my etsy


And here I'm pleased to introduce you two retro dolls, which I could not resist from buying... and which now are adorning my house... also these rubber stamps are now available on my etsy


More than hand carved rubber stamps, I get inspiration from my new Roly-Poly doll to produce a couple of handmade felt brooches, also available on my etsy. The Roly-Poly is a plastic retro Russian doll, which has some weight in the bottom that make it able to never keep over. When gently knocked, it rocks back and swinging it makes a soothing jingly sound. Sometimes is also called "never-fall" doll. I hope you like my Roly-Poly stuff...


2 commenti:

Céline alias Poule folle on 3 October 2010 at 21:58 said...

J´adore bon ton! J´aime ton gout! J´adore ton blog :-)

Lydia on 19 October 2010 at 19:57 said...

Hi Memi, nice blog & good post. overall You have beautifully maintained it, you must submit your site for free in this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin