Wednesday 6 April 2011

Laisse tomber les filles



I love very much this song. Composed by Serge Gainsbourg, it became the flag song of France Gall who performed it for the first time in 1964. Recently, April March made two covers of it, one in French, and the second in English (whose title is Chick Habit) that was also part of the soundtrack of Tarantino's Grindhouse. What I love in this song is its kitsch taste, with the voice of the singer quite irritating and naughty but melodic at the same time, and the fact that it smells so much of 1960s. Moreover, and most importantly, what I love in this song as well is the way in which it presents a woman that does not fear about to show her childish and fickle side without allowing to anybody to trample on her.

New zakka bracelets

And I took inspiration from this "sweet steadiness" for creating these bracelets that, with their retro style, will be able to enlighten these first spring days. You find them on my etsy.

New zakka bracelets New zakka bracelets
New zakka bracelets New zakka bracelets



3 commenti:

Le Vélo Noir on 7 April 2011 at 07:29 said...

Lovely bracelets! I like the contrast between the lace and the beads. Also, I just listened to «Laisse tomber les filles» and liked the retro go-go feel of it. I also liked the versions of April March and Annie Trousseau. By the way, April March has a song that you might also like «Garçon glacon».
À bientôt.

Eleni on 7 April 2011 at 16:23 said...

Oh, I didn't realise the April March song was a cover! I know nothing about French music :s

Memi The Rainbow on 7 April 2011 at 21:31 said...

Thank you Vélo, I'm happy you like them. That's true, the retro go-go feelings of this song is simply wonderful!
X Eleni, don't worry, I'm going soon to brush up other French oldies!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin