Thursday 14 April 2011

My favorite illustrators # 2 Happy Doodle Land


For the second issues of this special series of posts dedicated to my favorite illustrators, I'm glad to present you Flora, alias Happy Doodle Land. Since I discovered her creations I've fallen in love with her style. I find indeed that she's able to express a great sweetness and fun in her illustrations. Moreover, she shows an extraordinary capability of simplification in her artistic research. Her style, thank to this linear and simple features, is really suitable for being turned in rubber stamps... and indeed she did a complete series of rubber stamps, one more beautiful than the other, that give the desire to collect them all (me too I've bought a couple of them for my personal collection). More than being a designer and illustrator, Flora make also cute stuff with her hand, which you can find here... I'm sure, her creations will make you smiling and it will be impossible for you to not love them!!

Happy Doodle Land special hand carved rubber stamps Happy Doodle Land special hand carved rubber stamps
Happy Doodle Land special hand carved rubber stamps Happy Doodle Land special hand carved rubber stamps

As in the case of Gemma, I have carved a special rubber stamp set with one of her design: here's above the outcome... it is my special way to show my love for her art!



1 commenti:

M.M.E. on 18 April 2011 at 22:21 said...

Her work is adorable! I'm so happy when I see posts like this because, as an illustrator myself, I love seeing how much others love our work as artists. Thank you so much for introducing me to her work. Her stamps are too cute!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin