Thursday 8 September 2011

Spoonful - a happiness companion!




Coming back in Paris after my Italian summer, I've found in the mail box a really cute surprise: the 5 issue of Spoonful! Indeed, I'm very glad to announce a new collaboration of mine in a really cute project, the "Spoonful magazine": an edition project that, for using the words of its website, is "a short and inspiring little publication which, in light of our insanely busy lives and increasing ‘oh no, I must find time to read x’ can be finished by the end of a train ride. It’s quick to consume, beautifully soft, & after reading will genuinely make you smile". Spoonfulzine is available for sale here and here, please check it out!



One of central ideas of this zine based in Sidney, Australia, is that the editor asks at each issue to some selected illustrators or artists to make a representation of a random selected object. For this issue, Spoonful has chosen the "Old Oak Tree": and I was very excited to produce my own interpretation of this emblematic tree. Following my personal taste, I produced this tree with the use of hand carved rubber stamps, as shown below...



In order to produce this tree, I hand carved tree different stamps, each one representing a layer of the final outcome: the wood, the leafs, and finally also the acorns... the assembling process of it is illustrated in the following photo... I hope you like it!






2 commenti:

Anonymous said...

I saw your contribution when I received my spoonful last week, great job and isn't spoonful zine the best, have a great weekend!!

mijbil on 13 September 2011 at 15:20 said...

Your tiny tree is so cute! Didn't know about Spoonful, it looks great.. congrats and thanks for sharing! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin