Wednesday 3 November 2010

Timeless Vintage toys

Sophie la girafe rubber stamp

Today I found in a shop this wonderful rubber stamp of Sophie la girafe, one of most popular toy for babies not only here in France but also internationally... it's a 100% natural rubber toy created in the 1960s, and produced still now, I really love it, with its retro style and charme "d'antan". This stamps gave me the idea to carve rubber stamps of also other toys, and I thought to create a kind of representative of all toys I love mostly, such as

Monchichi hand carved rubber stamp

Monchichi.
With this caracter I created a letter set, that you can find on sale here:

Monchichi letter set stationery Monchichi letter set stationery
Monchichi letter set stationery Monchichi letter set stationery

I've also done a felt brooch inspired to Monchhichi, on sale here


Cheburashka letter set stationery Cheburashka letter set stationery
Cheburashka letter set stationery Cheburashka letter set stationery

Cheburashka
also with this one I created a letter set, on sale here

Kewpie doll hand carved rubber stamp

Kewpie doll
with which I created a brooch, on sale here:


I hope you like old toys, as me, and these creations of mine inspired to them!!!

5 commenti:

Eleni on 4 November 2010 at 12:21 said...

Ah, so cute! Nice work :)

Dortesjs on 5 November 2010 at 00:40 said...

your so great, nice work love it

Cara on 8 December 2010 at 07:36 said...

Great blog and cute Etsy shop and great studio! Just wanted to mention that for Sophie the giraffe, it's 'PVC free', not PVC... I'm pretty sure PVC is a toxic chemical... Hope I'm not nitpicking, just wanted to let you know...

Memi The Rainbow on 8 December 2010 at 11:33 said...

Yes Cara, you're right, it's in 100% natural rubber, I changed the text. Thanks for contributing to improve my blog!

Cara on 9 December 2010 at 22:55 said...

Sure thing! All the best :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin