Friday 3 September 2010

Le Temps des Cerises


Le temps de cerises

As summer is coming to end, I have tried to produce some hand-made stuff able to bring some of warmth and happiness of summer with me during autumn and winter, while I will be waiting for the next summer... and what is more evocative of summer feelings than cherries? Recently, I've also discovered an old French popular song, called "Le temps des cerises", which refers to the time of cherries as an happy time of populair cheerfulness, as the summer is....

J'aimerai toujours le temps des cerises
Et le souvenir que je garde au cœur
[I will always love the time of cherries
and the memory that I hold in my hearth]

Le temps de cerises

Moreover, during last days I've also hand carved some rubber stamps figuring fresh fruit, inspired by the characters of Decolello:

Le temps de cerises

Apple, pineapple, orange, strawberry, cherries, mushroom, pear, and lemon... they were all used to produce some cotton covered buttons that you can find, together with the Cherries Brooch, on my Etsy shop:

Le temps de cerises


0 commenti:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin