Friday 25 February 2011

Timeless vintage brands #1 Utz chips


Timeless vintage brands: utz chips

Some times ago, while I was watching an episode of Mad Men - a TV series sets in 1960s that tells about a fiction advertising company called Sterling & Cooper - I get a huge inspiration. More than to follow passionately the story of its controversial characters (such as the charming Don Draper) and to have good cues about the hypocrisies of a society such as the 1960s' one, this series is for me a continuous source of historical knowledge about logos and brands. Some of them are for me simply wonderful for their cuteness and grace, a kind of quintessence of how a logo should be. For instance, I discovered the logo of Utz chips: I had never seen it before, nor ever tried them, but the little girl who represents is really modern, able to express a high grade of simplification that is, using Leonardo da Vinci's words, the "ultimate form of sophistication". And my idea was that: to open a little space in this blog in which I show hand carved rubber stamps inspired directly from timeless vintage brands...

Timeless vintage brands: utz chips Timeless vintage brands: utz chips
Timeless vintage brands: utz chips Timeless vintage brands: utz chips

And using this hand carved rubber stamps I produces some tags, to be used for instance as bookmarks, that you can find on my etsy. I hope you like them...



3 commenti:

Le Vélo Noir on 26 February 2011 at 01:23 said...

Well done! There's a reason why certain things are considered timeless. They inspire us, one generation at a time.

Katie on 26 February 2011 at 03:58 said...

Very cute!

Gwen on 27 February 2011 at 22:26 said...

i love these!

i stumbled across your blog on Blog Catalog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin