Friday 4 March 2011

My favorite illustrators # 1 Gemma Correll


As you maybe have stated, I started with the new year some new columns on this blog, which I'd like to establish as periodical fixed appointments. For the moment I began with a first column dedicated to wonderful places that I found here in Paris, while a second one is about timeless logos of vintage brands. Amongst these new initiatives, it was impossible for me to not include a further feature about my favorite illustrators: and the first one that I want to introduce is Gemma Correll... I discovered Gemma and her amazing illustrations some time ago, while I was browsing on the net, and since them I feel authentic love for her cute and funny style. In the pic above you can see one of her draw from her huge portfolio, in which it is also represented her main inspiring muse: Mr. Norman Pickle, a sweet pug who live with her and who is also a celebrity on the net thanks to his wonderful fan club's blog...
In order to show my love for Gemma's draws, I took decision to carve a rubber stamp using a draw of her pug (sometimes ago I've done a first attempt, but it was not totally satisfying for me) that you can see here below... it is a little thanks for Gemma for all times her draws made me smiling...

Gemma Correll's pug hand carved rubber stamp Gemma Correll's pug hand carved rubber stamp
Gemma Correll's pug hand carved rubber stamp Gemma Correll's pug hand carved rubber stamp



7 commenti:

Fedulab on 4 March 2011 at 18:40 said...

How great rubber stamps!
WOW!

MissGinger on 4 March 2011 at 19:26 said...

i love her too - bought one of her prints a year ago. x

Le Vélo Noir on 4 March 2011 at 22:12 said...

Bravo! Thanks for sharing one of your favorite illustrators with us. As for the rubber stamp you just made, je l'adore!

Katie on 4 March 2011 at 22:15 said...

Such a cute puppy!

Sara&Eva on 8 March 2011 at 13:43 said...

Gorgeous stamp :)

Anonymous said...

This looks so lovely! I just discovered this blog via a link and I must say, everything on this page looks like out of my dream-world, haha! :D Very well done!

mysterymoor on 9 March 2011 at 12:58 said...

I just found you through the link on Gemma's blog and I love your work so much! Your work with the stamp is incredible. I will keep you in mind for future plans :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin