Wednesday 4 December 2013

Welcome to Gemma!


It is with my greatest pleasure that I am announcing the birth of my daughter, Gemma! She's born the 25 November, she's cute, healthy and wise (at least for the moment...). I am not able to express with words the happiness that Gemma brings amongst us!!


In Italian, "Gemma" means both the "gem" of a flower and "precious stone": we have chosen this name in order to give a good augury to our little one, to wish her to blossom as a beautiful flower and to show to the world her preciousness.

 
 

And in order to welcome Gemma, I have prepared a certain amount of bombonnières (it is a tradition in Italy to give a little gift box with some sugared almonds inside to the family and friends) with an heart-shaped box, with hand stamped her name upon (I made a little hand carved rubber stamp). I have added also a little felt smiling heart to be used as a pin. And, if you'd like to make the same bombonnière for your child, you can find here a pattern for the hearth-shaped box and for the felt heart!




14 commenti:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com on 4 December 2013 at 23:15 said...

Beauuutiful baby! Congratulations and the best of luck!!! <3

oh, and I'm making the box for myself ;)

Bernardine on 4 December 2013 at 23:26 said...

Welcome to the world little girl.
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do.
Congratulations to your mum!

Bernardine
dutch mother of 3 girlies :-)

Casadapaulina♥Jabones on 5 December 2013 at 10:15 said...

Felicidades!!
Un regalazo de bebé para estas navidades.
Disfrútala, es guapísima!!
♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Gemma, to this crazy world!
Wish you the best in life.
Lots of kisses!

Blanqui ♥

trapos a voar on 5 December 2013 at 12:57 said...

Congratulations! Gemma is so beautiful! All the best for the new family!

Edith on 5 December 2013 at 13:03 said...

Félicitations !!
Je suis ton blog depuis longtemps mais je crois bien que c'est la 1ère fois que je laisse un com.
Gemma est adorable =)
Bonne journée.
Edith.

Nati on 5 December 2013 at 16:35 said...

Felicitaciones! mi bebé se llama Isabella y nació el 9/11, estoy enamorada!

Alba on 6 December 2013 at 12:49 said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet <3

Katri on 6 December 2013 at 17:13 said...

Huge congratulations from Canada from a long time reader!

Your daughter is beautiful, I wish you the absolute best!

Jazz on 9 December 2013 at 20:12 said...

Congratulations!!

sbmathieu on 10 December 2013 at 01:19 said...

Congrats! Gemma is SO beautiful! :)

Vesle Serena on 10 December 2013 at 09:47 said...

Congratulazioni! é stupenda!

oSoFine on 27 January 2014 at 03:38 said...

Congratulations!!! Gemma is beautiful! I've been reading your blog for a few years, but I don't know if I've ever commented before. I have been off the computer for the last few months because my very old Mac is not working very well, so I missed this announcement. I had to comment because my daughter (my first and only child) has the same birthday as Gemma! Jane turned 8 the day you gave birth! It's a good day to be born, although if you live in the U.S.A., it often fall on or right around our Thanksgiving holiday, so it can be a bit hectic! (This year we had Jane's birthday party, birthday, Thanksgiving, and Chanukah all in the same week! Yikes!) All my best wishes to you and your family! ♥ ♥ ♥

Sally said...

Congratulations to the birth of your gorgeous baby. I love the name you have chosen for her, it is very precious and special. I wish you all the best from a new mum to another new mum :) xo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin