Sunday 15 April 2012

With a stamp you can...



With a stamp you can decorate your diary, your notebooks, your cards, your gift wrappings, your messages, and so forth... all your paper projects could became unique thanks to the magic touch of an hand carved rubber rubber stamp! it's so easy and so fun for me to pick up a stamp from my drawer, to dab it in an ink pad, and to reproduce its design endlessly on paper stuff!


Yet, the aspect that I like the most in stamps is that they can be used also in projects other than the ones related to "classic" paper. As I have already showed last spring and last summer, stamps can be used to print by hand unique patterns on fabric with much ease and fun!!!
And about "printing by hand", I'd like to recommend this amazing book by Lena Corwin, an illustrator and books writer based in Brooklyn, in which she is able to explain how to carry out all kinds of projects of hand printing with stamps, stencils and silk screening... I'm sure that this book will be able to explain you perfectly how to choose the best ink or paint and the optimal surface for the various printing methods.


Thanks to the good and precious advices of Lena, I have made a cute hand printed bag for this spring: after having created a design with a bike and having turned it into a hand carved rubber stamp, I printed my fabric creating unique patterns with bikes. All in this bag is hand made: the stamp, the pattern, and also the bag... the satisfaction is triple!! For the proof of the pudding, you can use this sketch as pattern to make your hand printed bag using your favorite stamp... for instance, I made this bag also using two other stamps inspired to the cute design of Bobo Choses as a gift for two friends of mine fan of this brand...


I hope you like it!




7 commenti:

SLOmygosh on 16 April 2012 at 10:10 said...

This is so exciting! You are the next Bobo Choses, but even CUTER! :)

Unknown on 16 April 2012 at 11:19 said...

I love that bag pattern and the way you hand-stamped the fabric! I think the style of the bag is very Parisian & my Parisian friend would love it. Maybe I'll make one for her! Thanks for sharing this inspiration.

Meriem on 18 April 2012 at 18:21 said...

Love this bicycle stamp, great work! (French Blossom)

Antonella - web crea/attivo on 20 April 2012 at 11:26 said...

ciao, complimenti per il tuo curatissimo blog, e soprattutto per le tue creazioni, ne sono rimasta affascinata!
Ti ho dedicato un post sul mio neonato blog, spero ti faccia piacere, se vuoi dare un'occhiata ecco il link : http://webcreattivo.blogspot.it/

Ciao, Antonella.

Danielle on 28 April 2012 at 21:33 said...

They look brilliant. You're very talented.
x
http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.co.uk

Lora on 12 August 2012 at 04:20 said...

Love your site, Where did you get the chest to hold the rubber stamps. Awesome

Casadapaulina♥Jabones on 21 March 2013 at 08:51 said...

El sello de la bici me gusta, me gustan todos, la verdad...
Y tu blog tiene un montón de cosas bonitas, lo iré leyendo poco a poco.
♥♥♥

Casadapaulina♥jabones

Blog Widget by LinkWithin